For those of you who have expressed interest in walking through some parks located on Indigenous territories, here are some suggestions.
- Cate Park Trails, Deep Cove – Cates Park is also known as Whey-Ah-Whichen which means ‘face of the wind’. It’s home to Tsleil-Waututh First Nation. You can find directions at: www.deepcovebc.com/parkscatespark.html
- Stanley Park – shared territory of Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nation. You can read about the Klahowya Village in Stanley Park which is a summer attraction site: www.aboriginalbc.com/klahowya-village
- Jericho Beach – a Musqueam winter Village was once here in the 1880’s
- Fraser River Park – Musqueam territory, located south of Marine Drive and just west of Granville Street: cfapp.vancouver.ca/parkfinder_wa/index.cfm?fuseaction=fac.parkdetails&park_id=92
- Musqueam/Fraser River – a 9 km walk. See link for directions!